109. Not crypto, but cryptography
We. Are. Here. Today we bring you: China’s Digital Currency, Mastercard make more blockchain moves, Kakao go Cuckoo for Crypto, and so much more!
On today's episode, Simon Taylor is joined by Anthoney Macey, Head of Emerging Tech at Barclays to talk about the latest and greatest news in blockchain, Bitcoin and Crypto including:
- Allianz's payment token is in ‘advanced stages’ (0:47)
- Kakao go Cuckoo for Crypto (7:46)
- China’s Digital Currency (12:06)
- Mastercard make more blockchain moves (20:05)
- Lawsuit claims XRP is an unregistered security (24:07)
- We hear from Samantha Emery, FCA Innovate's Interim Head of Department (26:29)
The Tweet of the Week comes from Todd McDonald (@Mcdtv) about how Daimler and Commerzbank are piloting digital cash for machine payments. Why not send us your best tweets? See if you can get a shout out on the show!
If you enjoyed the show and, as ever, don't forget to subscribe and leave a review!
Want to join the conversation on all the topics discussed? Tweet the show at: www.twitter.com/bchaininsider
Special Guest: Anthony Macey.
- Insurance giant Allianz creating a JPM Coin-like payment token; the project is in ‘advanced stages’ | TheBlockCrypto
- Messaging giant Kakao to launch its own crypto wallet ‘Klip’ later this year | TheBlockCrypto
- China's official digital currency is nearly ready | engadget
- Mastercard takes on counterfeiters with blockchain tech | Finextra
- SEC Guidance Gives Ammo to Lawsuit Claiming XRP Is Unregistered Security | coindesk