120. China takes a swing at libra
We. Are. Here. Today we bring you: Facebook would leave Libra if US regulators don't approve the projectChina’s national digital currency: the DCEP and Crypto custodian Anchorage launches governance voting platform for Maker holders! All this and much much more on today's Blockchain Insider all the way from New York City!
Simon Taylor and Will White are coming to you from New York this week, and of course they is not alone but joined by some amazing guests:
- Amber Baldet, Co-founder at Clovyr (pronounced Clover)
- Mike Dudas, CEO and co-founder at The Block
Together they talk about the latest and greatest news in blockchain, Bitcoin and Crypto including:
- Zuckerberg: Facebook would leave Libra if US regulators don't approve the project (01:35)
- Twitter’s Jack Dorsey says Hell No to joining Libra (16:20)
- CCIEE Vice Chairman Says PBOC Will Be First to Roll Out Digital Currency (25:41)
- Bitcoin Jumps 12% as China’s Xi Embraces Blockchain, Boosting Crypto Sentiment (30:51)
- Visa-backed crypto custodian Anchorage launches governance voting platform for Maker holders; support for more coins coming (37:06)
The Tweet of the Week comes from @ColeGotTweets about the staggering volumes of blockchain related searches on wechat. Why not send us your best tweets? See if you can get a shout out on the show!
Check out our brand new documentary 11:YEARS - the Rise of UK Fintech now. Head over to 11years.film to watch for free, and share using #11YEARS.
If you enjoyed the show and, as ever, don't forget to subscribe and leave a review!
Want to join the conversation on all the topics discussed? Tweet the show at: www.twitter.com/bchaininsider
Special Guests: Amber Baldet, Mike Dudas, and Will White.
- Huobi Japan raises $4.6M in new funding to expand in the country - The Block
- Twitter's Jack Dorsey says ‘hell no' to joining Libra Association [Video]
- CCIEE Vice Chairman Says PBOC Will Be First to Roll Out Digital Currency - Pandaily
- Bitcoin Jumps 12% as China's Xi Embraces Blockchain, Boosting Crypto Sentiment - CoinDesk
- China state paper urges calm after blockchain stocks, bitcoin soar - CNA
- Visa-backed crypto custodian Anchorage launches governance voting platform for Maker holders; support for more coins coming - The Block