133. The great bZx DeFi exploit
We. Are. Here. Today we bring you: DeFi protocol hit by hackers, JP Morgan’s Quorum looks to merge with ConsenSys, and multiples M&A moves in the crypto world. Today's guests include: Ed Cooper - Revolut, Michael Coletta - London Stock Exchange Group, Rhain Lewis - London Womon in Bitcoin, and Aman Kohli - DXC. All this and much more on today's Blockchain Insider!
Simon Taylor is in the hosting seat this week to talk all things blockchain, Bitcoin and crypto. Of course, he is not alone, and in this episode, Simon is joined by:
- Ed Cooper - Head of Crypto at Revolut
- Michael Coletta - Head of Blockchain & Emerging Tech Innovation and Strategy at the London Stock Exchange Group
- Rhian Lewis - Founder of London Women in Bitcoin
- Aman Kohli - Chief Technology Officer at DXC
This week we kicked things off with a discussion about flash loans, bZx and the future of decentralized finance. Following two exploitations and almost a million dollars in ETH lost, we go into why this happened, how it transpired and what this means for the development of DeFi. A lot can happen in a few weeks and in this episode, we continue to dig into the latest blockchain and crypto news including:
- DeFi lending protocol bZx exploited and ‘a portion of ETH lost’ (02:16)
- JPMorgan in talks to merge blockchain unit Quorum with startup ConsenSys (11:55)
- Lightning Labs raises $10M series A to be the ‘Visa’ of Bitcoin (20:51)
- ICE snaps up loyalty program provider Bridge2 to boost Bakkt’s consumer play (28:33)
- Bitcoin price soars as Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell confirms crypto’s threat to U.S. dollar (32:02)
The Tweet of the Week comes from Nathaniel Whittemore (@nlw) about crypto M&As. Why not send us your best tweets? See if you can get a shout out on the show! (41:05)
Love fintech? Then sign up for our newsletter, Fintech in Five. A snack-sized selection of the week's biggest stories, longer reads, soundbites and more. Just visit this link to sign up! 11fs.com/newsletter
If you enjoyed the show, don't forget to subscribe and leave a review!
Want to join the conversation on all the topics discussed? Tweet the show at: www.twitter.com/bchaininsider
Special Guests: Aman Kohli, Ed Cooper, Michael Coletta, and Rhian Lewis.
- DeFi lending protocol bZx exploited and ‘a portion of ETH lost’
- bZx attacked again, $645K in ETH estimated to be lost
- JPMorgan in talks to merge blockchain unit Quorum with startup ConsenSys
- Lightning Labs Raises $10M Series A to Be the ‘Visa’ of Bitcoin
- ICE Snaps Up Loyalty Program Provider Bridge2 to Boost Bakkt’s Consumer Play
- Bitcoin Price Soars as Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell Confirms Crypto’s Threat To U.S. Dollar