367. News: The holy grail of the unbanked
Sarah Kocianski and Adam Davies are joined by some great guests to talk about some of the most interesting stories of the last 7 days, including: Pensions bank rolling start ups, Robinhood tries again at a savings account and the UK just rolled out a payment card made from solid gold, and worth $23,000!
Our expert hosts, Sarah Kocianski and Adam Davies, are joined by some great guests to talk about the most notable fintech, financial services and banking news from the past week. This week's guests include:
- Josh Bottomley - Global Head of Digital at HSBC - welcome to the show!
- David McHenry - Head of Global Treasury & Payments Advisory - EMEA - Silicon Valley Bank - thanks for joining us!
- Mark Walker Co-Founder and COO of The Fintech Power 50 - great to have you with us!
We cover the following stories from the fintech and financial services space:
- Pension cash could bankroll start-ups (01:56)
- HSBC plans First Direct relaunch to compete with digital rivals (08:45)
- Robinhood makes second attempt at launching a high-yield account similar to banks (16:04)
- The UK just unveiled a $23,000 payment card made from solid gold (24:41)
- Revolut in bid for $1.5 billion debt and equity round (30:02)
- Nubank now has 15M customers (37:03)
- True Balance continues its Indian takeover following a funding round (42:42)
- Man loses wallet and the person who found it notified him via a series of bank transfer references (48:25)
Check out our brand new documentary 11:YEARS - the Rise of UK Fintech now. Head over to 11years.film to watch for free, and share using #11YEARS.
Fintech Insider by 11:FS is a podcast dedicated to all things fintech, banking, technology and financial services. Hosted by a rotation of 11:FS experts including David Brear, Simon Taylor, Jason Bates, Leda Glyptis and Sarah Kocianski and joined by a range of brilliant guests, we cover the latest global news, bring you interviews from industry experts or take a deep dive in subject matters such as APIs, AI or digital banking.
If you enjoyed don't forget to subscribe and please leave a review
- Pension cash could bankroll start-ups | Business | The Sunday Times
- HSBC plans First Direct relaunch to compete with digital rivals
- Robinhood makes second attempt at launching a high-yield account similar to banks
- UK Royal Mint unveils a $23,000 payment card made from solid gold
- Finextra Research: Latest FinTech (financial technology) news, analysis, interviews and features.
- Brazilian fintech Nubank has grown to 15 million users: CEO | Article [AMP] | Reuters
- True Balance raises $23M to bring its payments app to more small cities and towns in India | TechCrunch
- Tim Cameron on Twitter