403. News: JPMorgan's open banking rules for US fintechs
David Brear and Sam Maule are joined by some great guests to talk about some of the most interesting stories of the last 7 days, including: JPMorgan sets data deadline for fintechs, Marcus proves popular in new poll, and celebs invest in immigrant credit company.
Hopping over from across the pond, this week Sam Maule, Managing Partner North America for 11:FS, hosts alongside David Brear. Our expert hosts are joined by some great guests to talk about the most notable fintech, financial services and banking news from the past week. This week's guests include:
- Valentina Kristensen - Director of Growth & Communications at OakNorth
- Carl Hazeley - VP of Content at Finimize
- Joanne Dewar - CEO at Global Processing Services
We cover the following stories from the fintech and financial services space:
- JPMorgan gives fintechs data access deadline (2:56)
- New survey suggests big things for Marcus checking accounts (10:52)
- RBS to rebrand itself and bring Bo under new leadership (18:08)
- LendingClub acquires bank to secure charter (28:57)
- HSBC to cut 35,000 jobs over three years (38:56)
- Monzo, Starling and Monese benefit from N26’s exit (45:13)
- Nova Credit brings celebs into fintech (53:33)
This podcast is brought to you by Stake, the digital brokerage app bringing you unrivalled access to the US market. Invest in over 3,500 US stocks and ETFs, including game-changing companies like Google, Amazon and Tesla. Trading is instant, direct and commission-free, and with a fully digitised sign-up, you’ll be in the market in minutes. Visit hellostake.com or search ‘Stake Trade’ to seize the US market’s 31 trillion dollars-worth of opportunity today.
Love fintech? Then sign up for our newsletter, Fintech in Five. A snack-sized selection of the week's biggest stories, longer reads, soundbites and more. Just visit this link to sign up! 11fs.com/newsletter
Fintech Insider by 11:FS is a podcast dedicated to all things fintech, banking, technology and financial services. Hosted by a rotation of 11:FS experts including David Brear, Simon Taylor, Jason Bates, Leda Glyptis and Sarah Kocianski and joined by a range of brilliant guests, we cover the latest global news, bring you interviews from industry experts or take a deep dive into subject matters such as APIs, AI or digital banking.
If you enjoyed this episode, don't forget to subscribe and please leave a review
Special Guests: Carl Hazeley, Joanne Dewar, and Valentina Kristensen.
- JPMorgan gives fintechs data access deadline
- New survey suggests big things for Marcus checking accounts
- RBS to rebrand itself and bring Bo under new leadership
- LendingClub acquires bank to secure charter
- HSBC to cut 35,000 jobs over three years
- Monzo, Starling and Monese benefit from N26’s exit
- Nova Credit brings celebs into fintech