415. News: Major US banks protect employees as start-ups stall
David Brear and Eric Fulwiler are joined by some great guests to talk about some of the most interesting stories of the last 7 days, including: US banks to halt lay-offs, start-ups may be barred from stimulus, and April Fools in the age of coronavirus.
Our expert hosts, David Brear and Eric Fulwiler, are joined by some great guests to talk about the most notable fintech, financial services and banking news from the past week. This week's guests include:
- Allison Esposito Medina - CEO and Founder of Tech Ladies
- Jonah Crane - Partner at Klaros Group
- Nonita Verma - East Coast Banking Partnerships Lead at Nova Credit
We cover the following stories from the fintech and financial services space:
- US banks promise not to lay-off workers during coronavirus pandemic (06:36)
- Venture-backed start-ups may not be eligible for small-business stimulus (17:54)
- Square and PayPal offer to extend stimulus payments to the unbanked (27:48)
- Microsoft partners with Plaid on Excel finance tool (35:21)
- Morgan Stanley’s trading portal suffers outage (43:53)
- Marcus releases fixed-term savings bond (50:41)
- Does this April Fools prank go too far? (53:51)
This podcast is brought to you by Mitek. Smart, automated and fast. Mitek helps you reduce fraud, create trust, and offer your customers the experience they value. Hundreds of AI-based analytics and face comparison algorithms work together to verify a user is truly the owner of their ID document in order to enable secure customer acquisition, fast money movement and prevent account takeover fraud. Document verification and facial biometrics work hand-in-hand to verify identities of users to provide them with a secure and convenient onboarding process.
Love fintech? Then sign up for our newsletter, Fintech in Five. A snack-sized selection of the week's biggest stories, longer reads, soundbites and more. Just visit this link to sign up! 11fs.com/newsletter
Fintech Insider by 11:FS is a podcast dedicated to all things fintech, banking, technology and financial services. Hosted by a rotation of 11:FS experts including David Brear, Simon Taylor, Jason Bates, Leda Glyptis and Sarah Kocianski and joined by a range of brilliant guests, we cover the latest global news, bring you interviews from industry experts or take a deep dive into subject matters such as APIs, AI or digital banking.
If you enjoyed this episode, don't forget to subscribe and please leave a review
Special Guests: Allison Esposito Medina , Jonah Crane, and Nonita Verma .
- US banks promise not to lay-off workers during coronavirus pandemic
- Venture-backed start-ups may not be eligible for small-business stimulus
- Square and PayPal offer to extend stimulus payments to the unbanked
- Microsoft partners with Plaid on Excel finance tool
- Morgan Stanley’s trading portal suffers outage
- Marcus releases fixed-term savings bond
- Does this April Fools prank go too far?