445. News: Winners and losers in US banks’ results; SoFi’s charter and Marqeta’s IPO
Sam Maule and Jason Bates are joined by some great guests to talk about some of the most interesting stories of the last 7 days, including: the US bank results are in and we analyse the fall out; Marqeta eyes an IPO as SoFi applies for a fintech charter and your weekly wacky Wirecard roundup.
Sam Maule and Jason Bates, are joined by some great guests to talk about the most notable fintech, financial services and banking news from the US in the past week. This week's guests include:
- Nick Sando, Fintech investor at Octopus Ventures
- Krystal Hu, M&A Reporter, Reuters
We cover the following stories from the fintech and financial services space:
- US bank results are in: and trading helps mask significant problems (01:56)
- Marqeta eyes IPO (16:50)
- SoFi files banking charter application with OCC (28:52)
- Robinhood’s raises (again) and reaches a new valuation (36:25)
- Fintech startup Lanistar raises £15 million to earn a £150M valuation (44:45)
- Your weekly Wirecard roundup (57:09)
*This podcast is brought to you by Jack Henry Digital * the pioneer and creator of personal digital banking that helps community financial institutions strategically differentiate their digital offerings from those of MegaBanks, BigTechs and FinTechs.
So how do they do it? With the Banno Digital Platform—a complete, 100% API-enabled, open digital banking platform. You get beautiful, lightning-fast, native apps for your customers and members, and cloud-based, core-connected back office tools for your employees. You really have to see these products to fully understand the platform’s potential.
Visit banno.com to schedule a demo.
Fintech Insider by 11:FS is a podcast dedicated to all things fintech, banking, technology and financial services. Hosted by a rotation of 11:FS experts including David Brear, Simon Taylor, Jason Bates, Leda Glyptis and Sarah Kocianski and joined by a range of brilliant guests, we cover the latest global news, bring you interviews from industry experts or take a deep dive into subject matters such as APIs, AI or digital banking.
If you enjoyed this episode, don't forget to subscribe and please leave a review
Special Guests: Krystal Hu and Nick Sando.