459. News: Paypal take on Klarna and Afterpay; Vipps and Visa team up & Chip’s new raise
David Brear and Mel Stringer are joined by some great guests to talk about some of the most interesting stories of the last 7 days, including: More raises as Chip launches Series A, Paypal is coming for Klarna and AfterPay, and Goldman Sachs launches its own font: Goldman Sans.
Our expert hosts, David Brear and Mel Stringer, are joined by some great guests to talk about the most notable fintech, financial services and banking news from the past week. This week's guests include:
- Alex Latham - CMO at Chip
- Daniel Lanyon - Editor in Chief at AltFi
We cover the following stories from the fintech and financial services space:
- UK savings fintech Chip is raising a Series A round that will value it at more than $130 million (02:45)
- PayPal introduces interest-free buy-now-pay-later product (22:12)
- BBVA builds gender-neutral global chatbot (31:48)
- Vipps & Visa announce partnership to enable mobile payments. We also hear from Eilin Schjetne, Partnership Lead Europe for Real Time Payments at Visa. (39:25)
- Two Black-Led Banks Merge to Form a $1 Billion Lender (46:35)
- Goldman Sachs Has Money. It Has Power. And Now It Has a Font (01:01:18)
*Banking as a Service is deconstructing the banking stack.
* It's enabling brands to embed finance more easily, and to tailor financial products to specific customer needs.
This is presenting new opportunities for specialised providers and offers banks extra revenue streams.
Download our report for a comprehensive, no BS view of what Banking as a Service is and what it means for the industry.
Head to bit.ly/bankingasaservice.
Fintech Insider by 11:FS is a podcast dedicated to all things fintech, banking, technology and financial services. Hosted by a rotation of 11:FS experts including David Brear, Simon Taylor, Jason Bates and Sarah Kocianski and joined by a range of brilliant guests, we cover the latest global news, bring you interviews from industry experts or take a deep dive into subject matters such as APIs, AI or digital banking.
If you enjoyed this episode, don't forget to subscribe and please leave a review
Special Guests: Alex Latham, Daniel Lanyon, and Eilin Schjetne .
- BBVA builds gender-neutral global chatbot
- Two Black-Led Banks Merge to Form a $1 Billion Lender
- PayPal introduces interest-free buy-now-pay-later product
- UK savings fintech Chip is raising a Series A round that will value it at more than $130 million
- Goldman Sachs Has Money. It Has Power. And Now It Has a Font