512. News: Are Stripe the technokings of payments?
David Brear and Mel Stringer are joined by some great guests to talk about some of the most interesting stories of the last 7 days, including: Huge funding rounds as Stripe are now worth $95 BILLION; BlockFi raise $350M and Tencent LOSE $62 Billion and Australia’s CommBank tries to play BNPL players at their own game.
Our expert hosts, David Brear and Mel Stringer are joined by some great guests to talk about the most notable fintech, financial services and banking news from the past week. This week's guests include:
- Oscar Williams-Grut, Senior City Correspondent at Yahoo Finance
- Miguel Armaza, Co-President & Podcast host, Wharton Fintech
We cover the following stories from the fintech and financial services space:
- Stripe raises $600 million at a $95bn valuation
- BlockFi Completes $350 Million Series D Funding Round
- New challenger Ikigai (ee-key-guy) combines digital banking and wealth management
- CommBank steps into BNPL fray
- Tencent Loses $62 Billion, Wiping Out Value of Fintech Business And
- Elon Musk now identifies as Technoking of Tesla
*This episode is sponsored by Banking Circle! *
A fully licensed bank focused on payments, Banking Circle gives Financial Institutions and large corporates direct access to clearing in multiple countries, enabling them to deliver global payments faster and more cost-effectively for their customers. Bypass legacy systems, enable global banking services for your customers and grow your business.
Find out more at BankingCircle.com
Fintech Insider by 11:FS is a podcast dedicated to all things fintech, banking, technology and financial services. Hosted by a rotation of 11:FS experts including David Brear, Simon Taylor, Jason Bates and Sarah Kocianski and joined by a range of brilliant guests, we cover the latest global news, bring you interviews from industry experts or take a deep dive into subject matters such as APIs, AI or digital banking.
If you enjoyed this episode, don't forget to subscribe and please leave a review
Special Guests: Miguel Armaza and Oscar Williams-Grut.