554. News: It's still a great time to be a fintech investor!
Adam Davis and David Brear are joined by some great guests from Feedzai, Octopus Ventures and Anthemis to talk about some of the most interesting stories of the last 7 days, including: global fintech investment hits $98BILLION in H1, Feedzai acquires world's most advanced biometric platform, to create the world’s largest financial intelligence network, and, would you stay on hold to HSBC for SEVEN hours? Tune in to find out more!
Our expert hosts, Adam Davis and David Brear, are joined by some great guests to talk about the most notable fintech, financial services and banking news from the past week. This week's guests include:
- Andy Renshaw, VP of Payments Solutions & Strategy, Feedzai
- Natasha Jones, Early Stage Investor, Octopus Ventures
- Sophie Winwood, Investor at Anthemis
We cover the following stories from the fintech and financial services space:
- Global fintech investment rebounds to hit $98bn in H1 4:54
- Feedzai Acquires World's Most Advanced Biometric Platform, to create the World’s Largest Financial Intelligence Network 17:10
- Circle files to become a bank 30:29
- Meet XPO: The Fintech Startup Building A Better Bank For Creators 40:25
- Aviva and Nationwide join £2.5 million round in first time buyers’ mortgage broker Tembo 53:02
- Atom Bank pulls in first ever monthly profit 53:51
- Nubank co-founder leads $45M investment in Indian neobank Jupiter 55:00
- Woman left on hold for 7 hours by HSBC after trying to report fraud 56:12
This episode is sponsored by Temenos.
Temenos is the world’s leader in banking software, helping over 3,000 banks serve over 1.2 billion people. Our purpose is to make banking better. Together with our community, we make banks more successful, individuals better banked, and society better served. With our software banks can create more human digital experiences, hyper-efficient business models, and transform their back-office. Our clients are the highest performing banks with cost-income ratios which are twice better than the industry average.
Learn more at Temenos.com.
This episode is sponsored by Blueshift.
Customers expect more from their digital experience and their personal finance is no exception. Blueshift empowers fintech and financial institutions to create secure customer profiles and intentional, relevant experiences for customers. Whether in app, on site, in branch, or anywhere else, Blueshift’s SmartHub CDP helps brands like Lending Tree and ClearScore turn data into personalized experiences that increase retention, satisfaction, and revenue. Learn more about the Blueshift at[ blueshift.com](blueshift.com/11fs).
This episode is sponsored by WaveMaker.
This podcast is sponsored by WaveMaker, the industry's most open, API-driven low-code platform for hyper-accelerating embedded finance applications. Are APIs alone enough to broaden and scale your market adoption? Do you need customers to go live faster? How about self-serve capability in your partners' and customers' hands to build and customize their web and mobile experiences?
WaveMaker delivers a rich drag-and-drop visual studio that fintechs, brands, and financial institutions use for rapidly composing serious banking and financial services apps. Pro and citizen developers can easily consume your APIs and build in a WYSIWYG, enterprise-grade environment; leverage custom pre-built components with APIs, logic, and UI; or even build out complete embedded finance journeys that customers can extend or customize. The possibilities are endless. Visit www.wavemaker.com today.
Fintech Insider by 11:FS is a podcast dedicated to all things fintech, banking, technology and financial services. Hosted by a rotation of 11:FS experts including David Brear, Simon Taylor, Jason Bates and Sarah Kocianski and joined by a range of brilliant guests, we cover the latest global news, bring you interviews from industry experts or take a deep dive into subject matters such as APIs, AI or digital banking.
If you enjoyed this episode, don't forget to subscribe and please leave a review
Special Guests: Andy Renshaw, Natasha Jones, and Sophie Winwood.
- Global fintech investment rebounds to hit $98bn in H1
- Feedzai Acquires World's Most Advanced Biometric Platform, to create the World’s Largest Financial Intelligence Network
- Circle files to become a bank
- Meet XPO: The Fintech Startup Building A Better Bank For Creators
- Aviva and Nationwide join £2.5 million round in first time buyers’ mortgage broker Tembo
- Atom Bank pulls in first ever monthly profit
- Nubank co-founder leads $45M investment in Indian neobank Jupiter
- Woman left on hold for 7 hours by HSBC after trying to report fraud