138. News: The Brexit Blame Game
This week David is joined by Bianca Lopes, Sarah Kocianski and Jamie Campbell.
David's representing 11:FS without the other guys this week, but he's not alone as he's joined by Bianca Lopes, Sarah Kocianski, and Jamie Campbell to power through another packed show.
First up, and straight off the back of our appearance at XeroCon, we cover Curve's partnership with Xero. Hit or miss? Let us know what you think. The team discusses Starling's launch of Business Accounts - yet another string to their bow - and has the Brexit vote hit Tandem's ability to raise money?
The guys talk about two stories on Atom - contrasting their £42m loss last year to the increase in their deposits over £900m. And we discuss whether pensioners are being penalised for saving too much.
Are consumers comfortable sharing their financial data and, if not, could the news derail the open banking revolution? Meanwhile, HSBC gets the jump on other large UK banks, announcing a new app to link customer accounts.
Plus...Aviva invest in Wealthify, real-time payments on two continents, yet more news on Equifax, and a cryptocurrency for Ghostface Killah.
Find all these stories and much, much more over at fintechinsidernews.com. Sign up to join the discussion, spread the word, tell your friends and don't forget to leave us a review on iTunes.
If you want to get in touch, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter @FintechInsiders and follow us on Facebook.
Special Guests: Bianca Lopes, Jamie Campbell, and Sarah Kocianski.
- Curve partners Xero to automate expenses
- Business Accounts with Starling Bank
- Tandem's 2016 accounts: Brexit blamed for trouble raising money - Business Insider
- Atom Bank lost 42m last year | The Times
- Atom Bank passes £900 million in deposits - Business Insider
- Pensioners stung with £46,332 tax bill for saving too much
- Two thirds of consumers don't want to share financial data in blow to 'open banking' revolution
- HSBC's Beta app allowing customers to link accounts | This is Money
- Aviva to make strategic investment in Wealthify - Aviva plc
- Banks to switch to real-time payments from Australia Day | Australia news | The Guardian
- Justice Department gives big banks green light on real-time payments | American Banker
- Equifax just scored a $7 million contract to protect the IRS from fraud - Oct. 3, 2017
- Ghostface Killah Is Starting a Cryptocurrency Company | PigeonsandPlanes