Ep245 – Mandatory Listening
In this episode Our last news show at Level39, Aden Davies is on point for the first time, as we […]
In this episode
Our last news show at Level39, Aden Davies is on point for the first time, as we dive into the world of ageing plastic cards, whether social networks should be their own police force, there’s an update from the East, and just how legacy banking systems are maintained… the answer is cowboys.
Don’t forget you can use our code 11FS17 to save £100 on your ticket to the Global Digital Banking Conference (http://www.globaldigitalbanking.com/).
Joining us for this week’s analysis of the news:
- Anna Irrera, Fintech Correspondent at Reuters
- James Lloyd, Asia-Pacific Fintech Leader at EY
- Ghela Boskovich
News this week
- Engadget – Smart card Plastc goes under despite $9m in preorders, without shipping a single card – Link
- BBC – Mastercard reveals credit with fingerprint sensor – Link
- Business Insider – Allianz goes for Lemonade – Link
- Guardian F8 Roundup – Shark AR, Mind reading technology & group payments – Link
- Bank Innovation – 5 financial services bots launched at facebook-f8/ Link
- The Paypers – Alipay, Wechat Pay reach USD 2.9 trillion online payments in China – Link
- Finextra – Robinhood app rises $110 million series C at a $1.3bn valuation – Link
- Token.io raises $15.7m series A funding from Octopus, EQventures and OP Financial – Link
- Reuters – Banks scramble to fix old systems as ‘COBOL Cowboys’ ride into the sunset – Link
- Techbullion – Top 10 Fintech Influencers to follow on Twitter – Link
Special Guest: Ghela Boskovich.