371. News: Monzo responds to BBC expose
David Brear and Kate Moody are joined by some great guests to talk about some of the most interesting stories of the last 7 days, including: Monzo have their say following that Watchdog expose, New York say no to the OCC’s fintech charters and McKinsey reckon banks need to shape up or risk getting left behind. All this and much more on today's Fintech Insider News.
Our expert hosts, David Brear and Kate Moody, are joined by some great guests to talk about the most notable fintech, financial services and banking news from the past week. This week's guests include:
- Tom Blomfield - CEO of Monzo
- Edoardo Volta - VP, Head of Fintechs at Mastercard
- James Butland - VP Global Banking at Airwallex
We cover the following stories from the fintech and financial services space:
- Monzo have their say following the BBC’s highlight critical Watchdog attack (02:20)
- Fintech’s fast pass to traditional banking is now cut off (27:11)
- Banks Must Act Now or Risk Becoming a ‘Footnote’: McKinsey (41:54)
- Uber pushes into payments with Uber Money (50:23)
- Square launched stock trading on its popular Cash App (58:25)
- And finally - Alexa can pay your bills (01:07:10)
Check out our brand new documentary 11:YEARS - the Rise of UK Fintech now. Head over to 11years.film to watch for free, and share using #11YEARS.
Fintech Insider by 11:FS is a podcast dedicated to all things fintech, banking, technology and financial services. Hosted by a rotation of 11:FS experts including David Brear, Simon Taylor, Jason Bates, Leda Glyptis and Sarah Kocianski and joined by a range of brilliant guests, we cover the latest global news, bring you interviews from industry experts or take a deep dive in subject matters such as APIs, AI or digital banking.
If you enjoyed don't forget to subscribe and please leave a review
Special Guests: Edoardo Volta, James Butland, Kate Moody, and Tom Blomfield.
- Monzo denies unfairly freezing accounts in wake of BBC Watchdog claims
- Fintech's fast pass to traditional banking is now cut off
- Banks Must Act Now or Risk Becoming a ‘Footnote’: McKinsey
- Subscribe to read | Financial Times
- Square launches stock trading on its popular Cash App
- Amazon Taps Into Bill Payments With Alexa | PYMNTS.com