393. News: Visa buys Plaid - the first megadeal of 2020
Fintech Insider is stateside this week as hosts Will White and Sam Maule are joined by a panel of great guests to talk about some of the most interesting stories of the last 7 days, including: Visa acquires Plaid in $5bn deal, banks tell us how they did in Q4 2019, and the new bank for the 60+ set.
The podcast is back in the Big Apple with hosts Will White and Sam Maule! This week they are joined by some of fintech's finest to talk about the most notable fintech, financial services and banking news from the past week. This week's guests include:
- Monica Murthy - Business Development at Alloy & Co-Founder at #HowSheWorks
- Sabrina Lamb - Founder & CEO at WorldofMoney, Founder & CEO at Wekeza Inc.
- Andres Garcia-Amaya, CEO at Zoe Financial
We cover the following stories from the fintech and financial services space:
- Visa acquires Plaid for $5.3 billion (03:06)
- Banks announces fourth-quarter earnings (13:20)
- Amazon tells users to uninstall Honey (22:30)
- Goldman finally gets a Marcus app (27:18)
- Hong Kong’s first digital bank offers killer rate (34: 52)
- German savings fintech plans US launch (39:15)
- Challenger bank vies for the over 60 set (47:55)
This episode is brought to you by FinovateEurope in Berlin on 11th – 13th February. Built around live, 7-minute demos of the latest fintech innovations, FinovateEurope is the continent’s premier fintech event. Network with more than 1200 senior-level attendees – with more than 50% from financial institutions. And gain insights from 150 expert speakers, who will be sharing their insights on the future of finance. For more information visit finovateeurope.com, and quote VIP Code 11FS for a 20% discount on your registration.
Love fintech? Then sign up for our newsletter, Fintech in Five. A snack-sized selection of the week's biggest stories, longer reads, soundbites and more. Just visit this link to sign up! 11fs.com/newsletter
Fintech Insider by 11:FS is a podcast dedicated to all things fintech, banking, technology and financial services. Hosted by a rotation of 11:FS experts including David Brear, Simon Taylor, Jason Bates, Leda Glyptis and Sarah Kocianski and joined by a range of brilliant guests, we cover the latest global news, bring you interviews from industry experts or take a deep dive in subject matters such as APIs, AI or digital banking.
If you enjoyed this episode, don't forget to subscribe and please leave a review
Special Guests: Andres Garcia-Amaya, Monica Murthy, and Sabrina Lamb.