405. News: Is the fintech M&A bubble about to burst?
Host Will White is stateside this week and he's joined by some great guests to talk about some of the most interesting stories of the last 7 days, including: Intuit to purchase Credit Karma in landmark deal, JPMorgan wants to build a digital bank in the UK, A hole in the wall is now a tourist hotspot!
Will White is in New York and joined by some great guests to talk about the most notable fintech, financial services and banking news from the past week. This week's guests include:
- Jon Zanoff, Managing Director, TechStars
- Adam Granoff, Senior Vice President of Digital Payments, Mastercard
- Hayden Field, Associate Editor, Entrepreneur Magazine
- Edwina Johnson, Chief Operating Officer, Alloy
We cover the following stories from the fintech and financial services space:
- Intuit to buy Credit Karma for $7.1 billion (01:36)
- JPMorgan in talks for UK digital bank (09:48)
- Monzo introduces new credit score tool (18:21)
- Morgan Stanley to buy E-Trade (23:54)
- Grab raises money amid Gojek merger rumours (30:59)
- Revolut achieves $5.5 billion valuation (35:33)
- From hole-in-the-wall to hotspot (44:48)
This podcast is brought to you by Stake, the digital brokerage app bringing you unrivalled access to the US market. Invest in over 3,500 US stocks and ETFs, including game-changing companies like Google, Amazon and Tesla. Trading is instant, direct and commission-free, and with a fully digitised sign-up, you’ll be in the market in minutes. Visit hellostake.com or search ‘Stake Trade’ to seize the US market’s 31 trillion dollars-worth of opportunity today.
Love fintech? Then sign up for our newsletter, Fintech in Five. A snack-sized selection of the week's biggest stories, longer reads, soundbites and more. Just visit this link to sign up! 11fs.com/newsletter
Fintech Insider by 11:FS is a podcast dedicated to all things fintech, banking, technology and financial services. Hosted by a rotation of 11:FS experts including David Brear, Simon Taylor, Jason Bates, Leda Glyptis and Sarah Kocianski and joined by a range of brilliant guests, we cover the latest global news, bring you interviews from industry experts or take a deep dive into subject matters such as APIs, AI or digital banking.
If you enjoyed this episode, don't forget to subscribe and please leave a review
Special Guests: Adam Granoff , Edwina Johnson , Hayden Field, and Jon Zanoff.