516. News: The CMA blocks Crowdcube and Seedrs’ merger & Feedzai become a financial crime-fighting unicorn
Adam Davis and Melissa Stringer are joined by some great guests to talk about some of the most interesting stories of the last 7 days, including: the Crowdcube and Seedrs merger has been shut down by the CMA, and Feedzai becomes a unicorn following their latest raise. All this and much more!
Our expert hosts, Adam Davis and Melissa Stringer, are joined by some great guests to talk about the most notable fintech, financial services and banking news from the past week. This week's guests include:
- Daniel Lanyon, Editor in Chief at Altfi.
- Nuno Sebastao - CEO Feedzai
We cover the following stories from the fintech and financial services space:
- Regulator applies brakes to Crowdcube and Seedrs merger, we also heard from CEO & co-founder of Crowdcube Darren Westlake to give us their perspective (3:10)
- Feedzai achieves Unicorn status on $200 million fund raise (15:03)
- Santander UK to close 111 branches and overhaul office space as Nationwide allows employees to “work from anywhere” (29:11)
- Stripe invests in Ramp at $1.6 Billion Valuation (37:10)
- FS giants join $40m Greenwood funding round (44:08)
- US fintech Sincere to target “pet parents” with debit cards (52:47)
This episode is sponsored by Banking Circle
A fully licensed bank focused on payments, Banking Circle gives Financial Institutions and large corporates direct access to clearing in multiple countries, enabling them to deliver global payments faster and more cost-effectively for their customers. Bypass legacy systems, enable global banking services for your customers and grow your business.
Find out more at www.bankingcircle.com
Fintech Insider by 11:FS is a podcast dedicated to all things fintech, banking, technology and financial services. Hosted by a rotation of 11:FS experts including David Brear, Simon Taylor, Jason Bates and Sarah Kocianski and joined by a range of brilliant guests, we cover the latest global news, bring you interviews from industry experts or take a deep dive into subject matters such as APIs, AI or digital banking.
If you enjoyed this episode, don't forget to subscribe and please leave a review
Special Guests: Daniel Lanyon, Darren Westlake, and Nuno Sebastao.